Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIO Coolers

Options
  • 09-03-2017 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,572 ✭✭✭

Folks, am considering either a Kraken X41, or a Kraken X42 for an mitx build using a 7600, but have noted a LARGE difference in price between both coolers (£55 versus £115 accordingly). Both are 140mm in size, and barring the RGB lighting of the X42, I'm not sure there's enough in the difference to warrant going with the X42.

I'm aware anything less than 240mm with AIO coolers tend not to have the best efficiency, compared to higher end air coolers...but I've used an X31 (120mm) in a similar build and was very happy with it, so want to stick with AIO's

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Inviere wrote: »
    Folks, am considering either a Kraken X41, or a Kraken X42 for an mitx build using a 7600, but have noted a LARGE difference in price between both coolers (£55 versus £115 accordingly). Both are 140mm in size, and barring the RGB lighting of the X42, I'm not sure there's enough in the difference to warrant going with the X42.

I'm aware anything less than 240mm with AIO coolers tend not to have the best efficiency, compared to higher end air coolers...but I've used an X31 (120mm) in a similar build and was very happy with it, so want to stick with AIO's

Have you considered the Arctic Liquid Freezer 120? It's cheaper and , afaik, better reviewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,572 ✭✭✭Inviere

Have you considered the Arctic Liquid Freezer 120? It's cheaper and , afaik, better reviewed.

Not yet, will take a look - cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,572 ✭✭✭Inviere

Seems a sweet little cooler, unlikely it'll fit in a Core V1 though unfortunately. At least, I cant see any builds of the two...

Advertisement