Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance claim process against other driver

Options
  • 09-03-2017 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭

Had my car written off this week when I was hit by a van which drove through a yield sign on to a main road and hit me head on.

Gardai and ambulance etc attended but there were no injuries.

I phoned the other motorist's insurance several times but am getting no where. Insurer is one of the big Irish companies and should be professional.

Anyone been through this recently? What happens? Do they eventually make contact and provide a reference number ? Does it take weeks or months?
    I it just a case where I do without my car and let these guys dally along?

Any advise at all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

cajonlardo wrote: »
    Had my car written off this week when I was hit by a van which drove through a yield sign on to a main road and hit me head on.

I phoned the other motorist's insurance several times but am getting no where. Insurer is one of the big Irish companies and should be professional.

Anyone been through this recently? What happens? Do they eventually make contact and provide a reference number ? Does it take weeks or months?

Any advise at all?

What do you mean you're getting nowhere? In what way? Have you reported to your own insurer?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

cajonlardo wrote: »

Any advise at all?
    Can I ask, what do you mean getting nowhere, is the other party disputing the claim. Have you notified your own insurance company

• Registered Users Posts: 81,535 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Contact your own insurance to act on your behalf, that's what you are paying them for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭cajonlardo

What do you mean you're getting nowhere? In what way? Have you reported to your own insurer?

Sorry, Nowhere with the other lad's insurance.

I reported it to my own insurer who gave me a general hotline number for the
    other driver's insurers and since then I've phoned several times but have no case number or had any updates

Is it a case where I may have been misinformed by the girl from my Insurer on the phone and they should be following this up instead of me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭tom85

The first thing to do is rent car .so you're costing them money that might get their act together

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭cajonlardo

Update

Rang back through my own insurance and situation is now much improved after they pursued matters.

I am confident now that everything is on track

Thanks all for the help.

Advertisement