Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone understand Facebook stats

Options
  • 09-03-2017 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

I share links on my page but on many pages my engagement is higher than my reach ? Anyone know how this could be ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

I share links on my page but on many pages my engagement is higher than my reach ? Anyone know how this could be ?

Are you sure you're looking at the right figures? I can't imagine a scenario where reach is less than engagement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Noddy Nangle

Are you sure you're looking at the right figures? I can't imagine a scenario where reach is less than engagement.
    See pic. It's a screenshot from Facebook business stats page

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

People are liking and sharing posts so it counts as double engagement

People are liking and sharing posts so it counts as double engagement

If I look at engagement under post its saying about 25% but they in no way correlate to those figures in the attached photo. I mean one page has a reach of around 26,000 but engagement is double that. I am not getting that amount of likes under a post. I am just wondering is it people engaging with the link when people share it but I am only guessing. I can't find an answer to it anywhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Hmm, ok actually your scenario is one of the few that I could see it happening. Generally your content is only relevant to a very specific, localised audience, but for that audience it's highly engaging. It also could be the case that that snapshot page (which I don't use as I prefer more in-depth analysis) only shows figures for how many people reached your page rather than how many your posts reached. If you want, I can look into it a little further for you, free of charge of course. Shoot me a DM if you're interested, you'd need to give me admin access to one of the pages (the one with the largest discrepancy) for a day or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 paulsocialr

Facebook stats can be, unreliable, from time to time. Constantly run into this issue myself.

Are these post's paid or purely organic?

Advertisement