Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy size 4 clothes!

Options
  • 09-03-2017 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I'm not sure if anyone can help me with this. I'm getting married the end of this year and my mam is struggling to find and outfit; I think she may start to panic soon.
    She is looking for a nice trouser suit but the problem is she is a size 4 and about 5'2 in height so she struggles to find clothes to fit her properly. She's tried all the high street stores; most of them only go to a size 6 or 8 or they're for younger people (she's in her 60's).
    Does anyone know of any boutiques or shops that would be worth checking out? Somewhere in and around Meath / Dublin / Kildare / Louth areas preferably.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

aoifeey wrote: »
    I'm not sure if anyone can help me with this. I'm getting married the end of this year and my mam is struggling to find and outfit; I think she may start to panic soon.
    She is looking for a nice trouser suit but the problem is she is a size 4 and about 5'2 in height so she struggles to find clothes to fit her properly. She's tried all the high street stores; most of them only go to a size 6 or 8 or they're for younger people (she's in her 60's).
    Does anyone know of any boutiques or shops that would be worth checking out? Somewhere in and around Meath / Dublin / Kildare / Louth areas preferably.

Thanks in advance!

This won't be of any use to your mother for this particular occasion but for future reference for her or anyone who is size 4, Penneys are now doing size 4 and also size 2 shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Seeing as you have plenty of time, would you consider ordering online from Macys? I was there lately and noticed they had a good selection of classic but dressy suits that would appeal to someone my mam's age (60+) in a size 0P (the equivalent of a size 4 petite here) by the brand Tahari. We commented on them because we've noticed how hard it is to get anything like that in Ireland smaller than a size 10!
    Just had a look at the Macys site now and they are good value too, a couple reduced to around €75.
    Other than that, maybe ye could get a suit made for her? That would not cost much more than buying one that's too big and getting it tailored to fit her, with more of a guarantee that she'll like it and feel comfortable in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 aoifeey

Thanks so much - I'll definitely check Macy's. no harm in trying! ðŸ˜

Advertisement