Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confinement

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Bigger pet shops should have them?

Where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

Stheno wrote: »
    Bigger pet shops should have them?

Where are you based?
    Near naas

Though I found things in argos -small animal pen-that can be joined together-any I've have any experience of these?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

What size dog?

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Near naas

There's a big petshop in the retail park beside the ball in Naas, I'd imagine they should have them? I checked their website (petstop) and they have this

http://www.petstop.ie/puppies-play-pen

Thanks. I'll try in the morning.

He's a lab. And he has just had bilateral cruciate repair surgery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

Thanks. I'll try in the morning.

He's a lab. And he has just had bilateral cruciate repair surgery

Check out the likes of Adverts, specifically the Baby & Nursery section, you can find pens there that will be much cheaper than if you buy brand new, if you do want to buy new, check out childrens/infants sections in the Argos catalog for example. Most things marketed for pets are often x5 dearer than the same thing marketed for people/children!

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

When I had to confine my dog last year (for 6 weeks!!) I found a cage thing on dondeal.ie (in Naas!) I also bought a play pen (wooden old fashioned one, with no base) on adverts.ie

6 weeks is a hell of a long time, so eventually got a stove fireguard, and dismantled it, and just cordoned off part of the family room. Put his beds, toys, bowls in there. My friend bought some trellis and sheep wire, and fashioned a 'fence' for a corner of the kitchen for her dog....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I was looking into getting something similar last week and found this site that has a few options - https://petcagewarehouse.com/product/medium-foldable-puppy-dog-training-crate-60cm/

Amazon have them too e.g. https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Dog-Houses-Kennels-Pens/Ellie-Bo-Modular-Exercise-Whelping-Pieces/B00JR6ZMQA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1489016388&sr=8-2&keywords=Ellie%2Bno&th=1

OT but what repair method did the use on your dog?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

The pen you've linked to there op, won't hold a determined lab. They're more designed for small dogs, pups, and small animals.
    The pen that tk links to on Amazon above is a far better job.
    Not sure many child playpens are tall enough for a determined lab either... The last thing you want is for him to try to jump out.

Thankfully he isn't a jumper!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Sillysmiles if you're anywhere near Drogheda you can borrow my pen, I only use it occasionally. It's the large savic one, so heavier and a little sturdier than some of the cheaper alternatives, and just over a metre high.

http://www.savic.be/sites/default/files/dog%20park%203%20engels.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Rosahane

McCarthy's in Prosperous have dog crates in maybe three sizes.

Have rigged up the clothes horses at the moment. Thankfully he's a chilled lab and won't even push through a half open door! So we have a few days to sort out something a bit more sturdy.

On my phone so can't see who asked (TK?) about the type of surgery. Not sure if the name but basically involve creating a groove in the bone below the knee and insertingrid a titanium cage into the bone. It changes the shape of knee and uses a different ligament. Bilateral though which is making life a little trickier.

Advertisement