Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert history essays

Options
  • 08-03-2017 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hey, I'm doing the Leaving cert this year, and history higher level is one of them, history is one of my top subjects, but I'm worried the essays i'm studying are a waste of time, I'm doin movements for political and social reform, politics and society in northern Ireland and usa and the wider world, but could u round down what essays would be the best for 2017?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Consonata

Oliviad101 wrote: »
    Hey, I'm doing the Leaving cert this year, and history higher level is one of them, history is one of my top subjects, but I'm worried the essays i'm studying are a waste of time, I'm doin movements for political and social reform, politics and society in northern Ireland and usa and the wider world, but could u round down what essays would be the best for 2017?

At the bare minimum I would suggest learning the 3 case studies for each topic that you are doing. I didn't do the first one, but for your 2nd topic I think that is Coleraine Controversy, Sunningdale agreement and Apprentice Boys, similarly for the USA and Wider World essay, I'd say learn your Boycott, Moon Landing and LBJ + Vietnam.

After that, I would suggest you go through past years for each of the exam papers, and pick out the essays that aren't case studies each year. Find out which are the more popular ones, find out the ones which came up in a year where there was not a case study.

I would suggest If you learn 10-12 really well, including the 9 case studies, you should be fine.

Source: Got an A2 last year, would've had an A1 if I had not run out of time on my document.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Unilad12

Howd u fare in the mocks?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

This website has some sample essays - and more are usually added as it gets closer to the exam.

https://leavingcerthistory.net/

Advertisement