Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fake samsung products

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Business name removed - please do not name the business.

dudara

How do you know that the product was counterfeit? You may want to contact Samsung or alternatively the Gardaí. See Revenue website, where they state
    Where members of the public wish to report on counterfeit goods, they should contact their local Garda Station in the first instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Censorious Matron

The guy in the authorised Samsung shop told me it was. It should have rang alarm bells when it went into the tablet upside down (logo facing down). And the sales woman who refused me a refund told me this was a 'regional variation' Duh.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,378 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

There are numerous videos and guides online showing how to tell if they are fakes. I 'd love to kick up such a fuss they would have to call the gardai to remove me from the shop, would be interesting to see if they would in fact call them -as I guess they are fully aware they are selling counterfeits if what you claim is correct.

I went back a second time and said I knew it was fake and they gave me the refund. Says it all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

It's a shame we can't be made aware of the shop due to censorship and fear of litigation.

• Advertisement

Yes indeed. But I have informed Samsung Ireland and the management of the shopping centre.
    The thing is, I wouldn't have figured out it was counterfeit if they had simply given me the money back when I said it didn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It's a shame we can't be made aware of the shop due to censorship and fear of litigation.

It's a standard policy in this forum, and on Boards, not to name businesses in cases like this. Yes, it's essentially to protect Boards from accusations of defamation, and I kindly ask posters to respect that. It's perfectly possible to give advice without knowing the specific identity.

Very understandable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭cml387

Given the danger of fire with these chargers it's wise not to get fake ones, and hopefully the mobile phone outlets are safe enough from counterfeit goods.

There is a suspicion that the tragic fire on Wednesday in Clondalkin was caused by a faulty charger

The smaller popup shops you see everywhere nowadays selling accessories on the other hand...

Advertisement