Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford city stag

Options
  • 08-03-2017 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭

Was just looking for some advice on current good nightlife spots in the city, a lot of the threads on boards seem fairly dated.

Basically it's a bunch of around 20 lads, aged 30-40 looking for bars to start the night and decent late bars. I've looked at two on facebook so far, the Reg looks nice and Masons looks awful. Is it the case that there are no nice nightclubs for older crowd in Waterford?

Also looking for a good bar to watch the six nations during the day and get some nice grub.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

The Reg is probably your best bet for over 30s.

Food and Beer is good in Geoffs bar and a decent place to watch the match could be Philly Grimes.

Other decent pubs are Downes Bar, The Tap Room, The Tavern, An Uisce Beatha and Jordans and a decent place to stay would probably be Tracey's Hotel on the Quay and then you could do a pub crawl starting in An Uisce Beatha then up to Downes then The Tavern, Tap Room, over to Geoffs for a bite to eat onto Phillies for the match and then down to Jordans for a few pints before the Reg.

Makings of a good night there, enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

You should stop off in Tullys in O'Connell street as well. Best bar by far IMO in Waterford and was today nominated for Pub of the Year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭Gardner

recommending Philly Grimes to watch a game!! come on mate! they have an outdated big screen and has very limited space to watch a game! dont think Grimes is a pub where a stag party would also be welcomed. id head to the Uluru and grab a taxi into the reg for later in the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,080 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

reni10 wrote: »
    The Reg is probably your best bet for over 30s.

Food and Beer is good in Geoffs bar and a decent place to watch the match could be Philly Grimes.

Other decent pubs are Downes Bar, The Tap Room, The Tavern, An Uisce Beatha and Jordans and a decent place to stay would probably be Tracey's Hotel on the Quay and then you could do a pub crawl starting in An Uisce Beatha then up to Downes then The Tavern, Tap Room, over to Geoffs for a bite to eat onto Phillies for the match and then down to Jordans for a few pints before the Reg.

Makings of a good night there, enjoy!

The best place to watch the rugby would be in places like the Three Ships, Katy Barry's and the Munster (all very near each other). Phil Grimes only opens around 5 and is a bit small if u want to watch the match

Can't disagree with any of the other places all great places. Tully's is another great spot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭dzilla

Yeah Phillys wouldnt be great for a match. The projector screen isn't the best to watch on to be honest.Great pub other than that. +1 for the shippes/katy barrys/ballybricken to watch the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

Yeah second thoughts probably best to go to the Three Ships for the match and maybe just call in for a pint into Phillies!

I forgot about Tullys as well but that is another good place yeah...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

To be honest, stag night doesn't want to be traipsing up to ballybricken for pubs, keeping them in core city centre is what stag organisers usually wants. Reg,tullys,geoffs (no tv) all good.kazbar with different music on different levels good idea for last place,the reg too with its night club attached.
    Phillie grimes is my favourite pub but probably not the scene for a stag crowd.
    If was me I would watch rugby in kazbar, down to tullys for some Waterford beers and finish up in reg.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

My only advice? Don't go NEAR Masons, used to be a decent spot now over run with scum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

In other words, plan your Stag elsewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Deisedarren

The three ships Prob the best place to watch the rugby and great food, then up to ballybricken for the bars, 4 bars with great prices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Lads, the stag night is not from Waterford, the OP doesn't want your favourite haunts but places good and easy to organise 20 lads walking to, good beer, near food choices/selection, shops and other pubs.places like the tavern might be great for you, not for lads who don't want to be hiking around Waterford looking for completely unremarkable pubs outside the city centre.OP also asked for pub with good food,I don't think any pub in ballybricken qualifies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Max Powers wrote: »
    Lads, the stag night is not from Waterford, the OP doesn't want your favourite haunts but places good and easy to organise 20 lads walking to, good beer, near food choices/selection, shops and other pubs.places like the tavern might be great for you, not for lads who don't want to be hiking around Waterford looking for completely unremarkable pubs outside the city centre.OP also asked for pub with good food,I don't think any pub in ballybricken qualifies.

Jesus, you couldn't be more right. I'm not saying the Tavern is not grand, but I don't know how anyone could recommend it for a stag...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭dzilla

Max Powers wrote: »
    ........ asked for pub with good food,I don't think any pub in ballybricken qualifies.

They sell taytos and pink snacks in Freddie Kervicks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

dzilla wrote: »
    They sell taytos and pink snacks in Freddie Kervicks

Knuckle sandwiches in The Exchange are always on the menu!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭FrankCummins

The capital of the south east as ye blas say

Advertisement