Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking seriously of relocating to Cork. Knockraha

Options
  • 08-03-2017 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

Hi
    We are a family of 5, 3 kids all under 5.
    We currently live in North Co,Dublin in a small enough village/town.

We may have the opportunity to relocate to Cork where we have family and friends. Most live on the north side of the city.
    If we did make the move one of us would give up work to stay home with the kids. This is the ultimate goal really.

What would peoples thoughts be on knockraha as a place to live. Is the primary school good, what are secondary schools like locally and how would a kid get to them

We've visited knockraha now a couple of times and both of us like the feel of it.

Any advise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Satts

Hi Psygnosis,

Knockraha is very quiet, not much happens there, but maybe that's what your looking for.
    As far as I know there is only one shop and one pub.
    There is a 220KV ESB station there, I wouldn't want to live too close to that.

I don't know anything about the primary school.
    There are primary schools also nearby in Leamlara, Ballincurrig, Watergrasshill, Carrigtwohill. Massive new Gaelscoil in Midleton. Educate Together primary in Midleton.

Secondary schools would be in Glanmire, Carrigtwohill(Brand new Community College) Convent Secondary, several secondary schools in Midleton.
    I don't know about school buses, maybe an email to Knockraha Primary school might might provide local info as to which Secondary school provides buses.

Midleton is a fine town and still pretty near to Cork.
    If you want the village feel I would suggest Carrigtwohill, expanding village slightly nearer to Cork than Midleton, but has Aldi, Centra, Costcutters, Two petrol stations, Two chemists, Drive in Cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shamrock841

Live close by myself! Lovely little village and the best pint of Guinness in Cork. Can't give you much info on the primary school but I've heard no complaints. Glanmire is 9-10 minute drive away, Aldi, lidl, SuperValu, Butcher along with chemists and much more. There are 2 secondary school's there, Coláiste An Phiarsigh (Gael scoil) and Glanmire Community College. The "shop" is a little outside knockraha village but it has everything you need in a village shop. Just keep In mind public transport is minimal, something that might affect you when the kids are a bit older and looking to go into the city at the weekends!

Advertisement