Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Paying back car finance

Options
  • 08-03-2017 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I'm considering leaving my current job. Does anyone know if that will affect my car finance? I won't be missing any repayments, its just that my statements will change. Will the finance company care once they keep getting the repayments?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Meeeee79

If the finance has already been approved and you are currently repaying then no they wont care (or find out probably) once you keep up your repayments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,300 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

once you have got it, you just need to keep paying

• Registered Users Posts: 20 sean_24

Not too bad so. Thanks for the quick replies, I was beginning to think I'd have to stick it out for a couple years

• Registered Users Posts: 81,739 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What do you mean by your "statements" would change?

Just that my bank statements won't show the payments from the current employer anymore

• Advertisement

Who owns the car - is it yours or a company one?

If it is yours I don't see why anything would be changing even a statement.

The car is financed by me personally, no company involvement

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Meeeee79

How would the finance company know though? They only see your statements on application

sean_24 wrote: »
    Just that my bank statements won't show the payments from the current employer anymore
    The finance company won't be able to see that.
    If it is your car and they keep getting paid they won't notice or care.

Ah right I hadn't known that. thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,739 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

They won't care, once they are getting their payment each month they won't worry about your employment or finances.

Advertisement