Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Equity Traders

Options
  • 08-03-2017 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have been investing in Equities for the last 8 years, managing my portfolio on the side to my full time job. I am considering leaving the job and starting to trade full time.

Is there anyone here that has done something similar and how have they gotten on?

I would also be interested in meeting up with other Equity Traders on a regular basis to discuss strategies and ideas. Based in Cork.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Have you figured out exactly how you are going to make your monthly income from your portfolio?

I think you would need a significant portfolio to be able to replace your job.

The average dividend return on the FTSE100 is 3.8%
    So in order to make a 38k yearly salary you would need to have a portfolio worth 1 million.

Have you considered what will happen when you inevitably wake up one morning and the world is burning from another huge economic crash and your portfolio has dropped 20,30,40%

Advertisement