Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thunder Vicar Street March 30th

Options
  • 07-03-2017 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭

I've won a pair of After show Greet the Meat with the band, as wifey doesn't really like them and have small baby i'll be heading in on me own, anybody fancy doing the meet as it's a +1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Hmm, just bought a ticket to this gig...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

blastman wrote: »
    Hmm, just bought a ticket to this gig...

Wanna come to the meet and greet after?? Totally free

If you haven't got anyone more deserving in mind, scud, I'd like that

blastman wrote: »
    If you haven't got anyone more deserving in mind, scud, I'd like that

no worries, it's yours, nobody i know is really that into them, only one who half likes them is my wife but she'll be staying at home with the baby, pm me nearer the time and we'll sort it out

Will do, cheers!

• Advertisement

Cracking gig the other night, met up with Blastman

Thunder were great, Danny Bowes has one of the best voices in Rock IMO, only around 4/500 there, guess they were never that big over here, still a decent crowd though.

Crowd seemed to go nuts for any of the 5 tracks from Backstreet they played, pretty lukewarm for the rest.

Stood right next to one of the hairy bikers, who was going a bit nuts.

Went up to the meet and greet after and were put into a VIP bar upstairs, that i never knew existed, about 70 odd people in there so got a bit warm, then a door opens by the bar at the side and 4 girls go through it, we followed, security must have copped on so closed the door but we were now in some sort of relaxation rooms with sofa's, band came out 15mins later and spent a fair time chatting to us, had to tell them they'd better head into next room where all the MnG people were actually waiting

Very enjoyable gig, and a big thanks again to scud for donating his spare MnG. Have to agree totally about Danny's voice, always thought he was a great singer and the years don't seem to be affecting him at all. And yeah, Vicar St has a surprisingly comfortable backstage area!!

Funny how many people wanted to shale Dave Myers' hand or get their picture taken with him after the show. Seeing him at a Thunder gig ranks up there with watching Chris Kamara sing karaoke in a bar in Tenerife as a moment in life that makes you stop and pinch yourself, just to be sure.

Advertisement