Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with College

Options
  • 07-03-2017 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello everyone,
    My name is Stephen, And I'm Currently in my 1st year with DCU Studying Enterprise Computing. I was lazy and never went in and Failed my 1st Semesters, I only passed 1 module to be excact. And I havent been in College since December 2016 due to breaking my leg (Kickboxing). Im wondering on how I would go about this I'd have no problem repeating the year if thats what it will take

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

First of all have you contacted the college to ask their advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 stephenseven

Im wondering is can you repeat a year that you failed all your modules in ?

And again, only your college can tell you for definite. Anything here is just speculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭skintiam

Owryan wrote: »
    And again, only your college can tell you for definite. Anything here is just speculation.

There's nothing wrong with coming on looking for other people's advice, I imagine the op knows the college can tell them for sure, they're probably checking if someone has experience of this before they approach the college, people can be very quick to shut others down when looking for advice, no need for it.

skintiam wrote: »
    There's nothing wrong with coming on looking for other people's advice, I imagine the op knows the college can tell them for sure, they're probably checking if someone has experience of this before they approach the college, people can be very quick to shut others down when looking for advice, no need for it.

And i could tell them that yeah sure the college will let them repeat the year. The reality is only the college can tell them for sure so rather than asking strangers for advice why not just go to the source? But they ll probably need a good reason and being "lazy" isnt one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭skintiam

Owryan wrote: »
    And i could tell them that yeah sure the college will let them repeat the year. The reality is only the college can tell them for sure so rather than asking strangers for advice why not just go to the source? But they ll probably need a good reason and being "lazy" isnt one.

Anyone is entitled to ask for advice on here, far as I know the only advice you can't ask for is legal advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭ftse100

Hi Stephen, I did EC in DCU a few years back. As far as I am aware you can repeat as many modules as necessary. Speak to Rory O'Connor, he is very approachable

• Registered Users Posts: 20 phd

Yes you will be able to repeat but be aware that there will be a cost involved - probably a charge per module. You might be able to apply for extenuating circumstances for this semester which could mean you'll only have to pay repeat fees for the ones failed in semestr one.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,856 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

op, are you actually interested in the course?

Advertisement