Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port de Pollenca to Sa Calobra

Options
  • 07-03-2017 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

Anyone ever do this spin?

If so how long did it take?

I've done it from soller before.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭jamesd

Done it twice last year and will be doing it again in 3 weeks, I think it was 95km and about 5hrs of cycling as I found the climb up tough.
    Really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,215 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

4 hours and 16 minutes to be exact! ;)

https://www.strava.com/activities/662963022

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭shansey

exactly the answer i wanted.

Just need to get away from better half now for 5 hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭siochain

When u going?

When u going?

• Advertisement

siochain wrote: »
    When u going?

Heading over on 12 June for a week. Been over to Pollenca or soller for past 5 years.. Extremely cycle friendly

shansey wrote: »
    Heading over on 12 June for a week. Been over to Pollenca or soller for past 5 years.. Extremely cycle friendly

Planning this one for the 12/6 can't wait ðŸ˜႒

shansey wrote: »

Planning this one for the 12/6 can't wait ðŸ˜႒

07Lapierre wrote: »
    4 hours and 16 minutes to be exact! ;)

https://www.strava.com/activities/662963022

:) Checked mine there and took me 5hrs 20min

Leave Pollenca around 8am or earlier and you'll be back for lunch! A great spin and one I'm looking forward to doing again later this year. Enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭youtheman

Definitely leave early in the morning.  The problem will be the tourist busses coming down Sa Colabra as you are climbing.  The bends are so sharp that the vehicles take up both sides of the road, and they can really mess up your rhythm as you are climbing the nicest piece of road you'll find anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭wijam

Must check out the route, over there easter week

so somewhere between 4.16 and 5.20 is the goal.. with the ultimate goal to beat Lapierre07's 4.16!!

I let you all know!

it took me 4.51!!

Bet me anyways :) Did you enjoy it ? There are a few of us over next month to do it.

Only took seven years!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭gmacww

Echo The sentiments here. A phenomenal road down and up. The only issue with doing it that time of year is heat. Last time I came out of there my Garmin read 38c. There is no shelter, no cover at all on the climb. When the sun is up you bake and wind usually doesn’t reach into the valley. You get reflective heat from the rocks and the road cooks you from beneath. Drink loads and fill your bottles at the juice man (under the bridge) before you go down.

hahaha .. i just came across the thread and noticed i never replied!.. had to look back on Strave!..

I did.. i've done it a few times since and will be back mid april again.. going from port de soller this time though!

Advertisement