Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daemon Tools Error

Options
  • 07-03-2017 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Been having a computer error lately. A while back, Daemon tools was giving me some grieve so I deleted it, but now I cant open any files. When I try to access the files this error pops up:

The procedure entry point
    ?ShowCopyDiscDialog@@YAXPEAUIDaemonProEngine@@PEAUHWN
    D_@@PEAVIAttachedProgress@@PEA_W@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program File\DAEMON Tools
    Pro\DTAgent.exe

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

How did you "delete" it?

Did you uninstall the program correctly, including a reboot when it prompts to do so?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Sounds like me_irl is on the right track. Sounds like it wasn't deleted correctly. Daemon Tools is relatively intrusive as it installs a virtual disk drive which you can then "mount" iso and other file types onto.
    Easiest way to fix this is to probably install CCleaner or similar and do a registry clean. No harm in also running the File cleanup either. Also, double check the install directory to make sure everything is actually gone: C:\Program File\DAEMON Tools Pro, and the AppData folder at C:\Users\username\AppData (you'll have to enable view hidden files and folders through the View > Folder Options menu), look in the Local, LocalLow and Roaming folders for any mention of DaemonTools.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Aodhan5000

I right clicked something that said Daemon Tools and hit delete.

Aodhan5000 wrote: »
    I right clicked something that said Daemon Tools and hit delete.

What...?

No. A million times no.

You need to go in to your control panel (or I'd actually suggest using Ccleaner for doing this too) and uninstall.

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

^ Download and install that. When opening it up there's an icon on the left marked "Tools". When you click on it, it'll list all the programs you have installed. Use the search on the far right of the window and type "Daemon". Right click on Daemon Tools and select uninstall.

Reboot the machine and try to install Daemon Tools from scratch again.

EDIT: What OS are you running? The latest Windows has this feature enabled natively.

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/mount-an-iso-image-in-windows-vista/

^ The url is wrong but the title of the article is
    How to Mount an ISO image in Windows 7, 8, and 10

I have windows 10 and im giving the Ccleaner thing a go right now

• Advertisement

How much is Daemon tools? Also are there different versions and if so which one should i get?

Aodhan5000 wrote: »
    How much is Daemon tools? Also are there different versions and if so which one should i get?

Depends which you need it for (suppose that's Irish!).

They have a handy comparison guide here.

https://www.daemon-tools.cc/products/compare

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

There's a free program called Virtual CloneDrive I use for mounting Isos, always found it easier to use than Alcohol or Daemon Tools

Will the free version do the trick?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

No one knows what you want to do, but probably. Generally you'll know if you need the paid version. If you don't know, free is probably okay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Free version is all I ever needed anyway. It's not the most user friendly program though, so if Digital says that Virtual CloneDrive is easier to use, I'd recommend going with that.

Also, if mounting the iso image is all you need to do it's built-in to Windows 10. Just right click on the iso and select "mount" (from my link above).

Advertisement