Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frustrated with Oxigen

Options
  • 07-03-2017 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

looking to get out of my oxigen account. too expensive and not suitable for me.
    Any suggestions and how to get out, keep getting the run around and I want out. Should I just cancel my direct debit???
    HELP.......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭goochy

just remember you need oxygen to live !

• Registered Users Posts: 29 nicolaed1

kollect.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭ei9go

Cancel your direct debit but write to them telling them your direct debit is cancelled and you wish to close your account or they will keep trying to bill you and your bank might charge you a fee every time they try to charge you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭somejoke

Be aware:

Do I have to give 30 days’ notice even if it is the end of my term?
    Yes, upon expiry of the term, unless you provide not less than 30 days’ notice, the agreement will continue on an annual period to period basis on the basis of the same terms and conditions. Please refer to section 5.3 of the Terms and Conditions

What happens if I do not provide 30 days’ notice upon expiry of the term?
    If you do not provide not less than 30 days’ notice the agreement will continue on an annual period to period basis on the basis of the same Terms and Conditions.

If I cancel my account before the minimum contract what charges will I have to pay?
    You are liable to pay the sum of the monthly charges which would otherwise be payable until the end of the Term and the early cancellation charges of €25 early cancellation fee and €25 per bin for retrieving and cleaning the bins. Please refer to section 5 of the Terms and Conditions
    If I cancel my account at the end of my term what charges will I have to pay?
    Once you provide not less than 30 days’ notice upon the expiry of the Term you won’t be required to pay any charges.

Welcome to the Hotel California:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sandy mount

somejoke, thanks for the heads up, i have been looking for the contract but couldnt find it so you reply is helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

somejoke wrote: »
    Be aware:

Do I have to give 30 days’ notice even if it is the end of my term?
    Yes, upon expiry of the term, unless you provide not less than 30 days’ notice, the agreement will continue on an annual period to period basis on the basis of the same terms and conditions. Please refer to section 5.3 of the Terms and Conditions

What happens if I do not provide 30 days’ notice upon expiry of the term?
    If you do not provide not less than 30 days’ notice the agreement will continue on an annual period to period basis on the basis of the same Terms and Conditions.

If I cancel my account before the minimum contract what charges will I have to pay?
    You are liable to pay the sum of the monthly charges which would otherwise be payable until the end of the Term and the early cancellation charges of €25 early cancellation fee and €25 per bin for retrieving and cleaning the bins. Please refer to section 5 of the Terms and Conditions
    If I cancel my account at the end of my term what charges will I have to pay?
    Once you provide not less than 30 days’ notice upon the expiry of the Term you won’t be required to pay any charges.

Welcome to the Hotel California:D

Typical clear as mud legal terms there. Does that mean that the account is automatically renewed for another year if you don't give 30 days notice? Or that it is just rolled over on a month to month basis (ie you can give 30 days notice at any time to quit once you have completed the first year).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

I read somewhere in their t & c's last year that just presenting your bin outside for collection at end of your contract commits you to another year.

How do companies get away with this s*it and what the hell are old or vulnerable people to do, just keep coughing up:mad:

Where are the so called 'regulators' they should be called 'enablers'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭taytobreath

nicolaed1 wrote: »
    kollect.ie/

this is the crowd im with, no contracts, just a pay per lift service, its brilliant, i forgot to leave out my bin last week and i texted him and he said no bother ill put u on the list for the next time.

6euro for recycling, 12 euros for general

What bin company do Kollect use to collect your bin, probably oxigen:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭south

oxigen do pay as you go now. I've been using it the last while and it has worked out better than kollect for me.

• Advertisement

south wrote: »
    oxigen do pay as you go now. I've been using it the last while and it has worked out better than kollect for me.

Where is that on their website.

OXXIGENNE_zpswyik5els.jpg

how do u attach an image like that, i was trying to do it , but gave up

how do u attach an image like that, i was trying to do it , but gave up

There are a few ways but I use printscreen button, then open Paint>Paste Image>crop it if u like and save as jpg to decktop.

Then I open Photobucket and drag the image on to there, then just open it and there are options to share it copy it etc, I just use the copy link and post the link in the image button on the forums here.

Some times you can just right click the image you want and copy and then just past the link in the image box here. That a fast way but not always possible though. Just did the fast way now on your image, 'right click image location' and it worked.

411570.jpg

Advertisement