Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

zone valve actuator head?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Its a Myson zone valve, see the corresponding curved end on this image...

myson-28mm-two-port-zone-valve-pl228-[2]-70398-p.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Its a Myson zone valve, see the corrosponding curved end on this image...

myson-28mm-two-port-zone-valve-pl228-[2]-70398-p.jpg

ah right thank you for that - I shall have a look on ebay and see if I can get a head - secondhand one will do me if its a decent one , they seem quite dear new

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

I doubt you will have much luck with a second hand one as they are usually only removed when they are goosed.
    Often they activate, but the secondary switch does not engage.
    Take into consideration, sterling difference, postage and no comeback compared to new at your local supplier.
    Is the correct wiring in situ?

K.Flyer wrote: »
    I doubt you will have much luck with a second hand one as they are usually only removed when they are goosed.
    Often they activate, but the secondary switch does not engage.
    Take into consideration, sterling difference, postage and no comeback compared to new at your local supplier.
    Is the correct wiring in situ?

Thanks, I wouldnt be worried at all about the secondary switch (if the secondary switch your talking about calls or satisfies the firing of the boiler?) because I only want the valve in an open or closed state (even when port closed the boiler will feed the immersion coil, the valve just cuts out the upstairs rads)

Yep, tested today with a multimeter and there is a live wire into a connector box insiside hot press which is live when upstairs roomstat calls for heat but its not attached to anything and the zone valve is always in its open state - so even if its warm enough upstairs and the stat is satisfied the heating is still going to the rads , each rad has its own TRV but i will still be happier if the roomstat can turn of the whole upstairs rad circuit when it reaches temp - I cannot understand why the plumber / heating engineer put the zone valve in but not the head (maybe he needed it for another job :D )

most probably go for this from ebay €35 brand new free P&P to my PM if it will do
    ebay item number: 301170801924

unless I can get it for around same price locally

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭tnegun

Is there a TRV in the same room as the stat? Might explain why it was removed as AFAIK you're not supposed to have a TRV in the room with the stat

• Advertisement

tnegun wrote: »
    Is there a TRV in the same room as the stat? Might explain why it was removed as AFAIK you're not supposed to have a TRV in the room with the stat

yep, TRV on the small landing rad - if it acts up/conflicts with roomstat i will set the rad to 5 or take the trv head off altogether.

Same downstairs, the room with the downstairs roomstat in has a TRV on the radiator

OK - Actuator head now ordered off ebay . When I fit it, if the upstairs roomstat is off and the downstairs roomstat is off then the only circuit in operation will be the indirect cylinder coil in the immersion tank (there is no sink rad in the circuit from what I can make out) so basing it will be this 70-90btu boiler and only heating up the immersion cylinder coil it wont cause the boiler to overheat/boil or lockout the dual stat in the boiler housing will it? - all pipework is 22mm and its an open vented system

Advertisement