Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Players Championship

Options
  • 06-03-2017 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭

Starts today on ITV4, finishes on Sunday.

The previous "Players Tour Championship" has been cancelled, but with the main event renamed the "Players Championship". Mark Allen was the defending champion, but he did not qualify for this year's tournament. It is now being played between the Top 16 players on a one-year ranking list.

Mark Selby v Ryan Day
    Anthony McGill v Marco Fu
    Ding Junhui v John Higgins
    Anthony Hamilton v Stuart Bingham
    Barry Hawkins v Neil Robertson
    Shaun Murphy v Ali Carter
    Ronnie O'Sullivan v Liang Wenbo
    Mark King v Judd Trump

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Peter File

some comeback from Judd trump in the final this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Overall, a very good tournament with some some very high quality snooker, but they need to change the format of the semi finals.

Judd having a day off, and Marco having to play his semi final over the course of one main session wasn't fair at all. The least they could have done was split Saturday's semi final into an afternoon and evening session.

Fu really faded last night, and he even mentioned the tiredness in his post-final interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Overall, a very good tournament with some some very high quality snooker, but they need to change the format of the semi finals.

Judd having a day off, and Marco having to play his semi final over the course of one main session wasn't fair at all. The least they could have done was split Saturday's semi final into an afternoon and evening session.

Fu really faded last night, and he even mentioned the tiredness in his post-final interview.

I agree there's something not quite right about that. I don't think you can have split sessions on a best of 9 or 11 though. I do think semi-finals should be played off on the same day, though you're still going to have the issue that one of the finalists will have to play later into the evening. Still, it's preferable to the way it worked out for Fu, I think. Some of the scheduling in tournaments this season has been a little bit odd, I think it's something they have to work on to get right.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,310 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Presumably they didn't want Saturday afternoon snooker as ITV channels already had horse racing and 6N rugby in that slot.

Advertisement