Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reduced Hours and Social Welfare

Options
  • 06-03-2017 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi i need help with something, 2 months my hours have been reduced due to no work. I have applied for the social welfare jobseekers benefit and handed in my application and all the forms that needs to be sent away just last monday. I am just wondering how long does it take for the application to be processed ?? I have been told in work by my work friends it usually takes two weeks and i asked at my local officie and she said 3months can anybody confirm this for me ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭jules86

Theunkown wrote: »
    Hi i need help with something, 2 months my hours have been reduced due to no work. I have applied for the social welfare jobseekers benefit and handed in my application and all the forms that needs to be sent away just last monday. I am just wondering how long does it take for the application to be processed ?? I have been told in work by my work friends it usually takes two weeks and i asked at my local officie and she said 3months can anybody confirm this for me ?

It can vary from office to office, make sure you keep sending in your sheets every week and give them a call to see what the situation is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

3 months?! It shouldn't be anywhere near that, unless there is a query about the insurability of your employment - do you work for a family member?

A JB claim should usually be awarded in a couple of weeks, provided that the forms issued to you are sent back in in good time and completed properly.

Advertisement