Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeat 5th or 6th year??

Options
  • 06-03-2017 9:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I'm in 5th year and i want to take up new subjects, I was wondering would it be better to repeat 5th year while taking up the new subjects or go to 6th year while taking up the new subjects and repeat the lc??

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭carefulnowted

Personally I think repeating 5th year would be a better bet. If you repeat LC year only, you'll only have a year to learn your single text and a possible new range of poets for English, a different set of sraith pictiúir for Irish, etc.

Additionally, LC year is probably the hardest and most exhausting year of secondary school. Many students can't face the thought of repeating by the time they reach June.

There's pros and cons to both though, so it's really a personal decision.

Advertisement