Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The *Dreaded* Pack :)

Options
  • 05-03-2017 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

Hello beautiful people,
    I am about to embark on a 12 month RTW taking in all of the seasons :) On my last trip i had a 60L pack with a 15L removable day pack, packed to the hilt and almost broke my back! This time i want MAX 50L backpack.. and i'm unsure about a daypack and if i want it to attach or not.
    I have done the research online and of course there are heaps of opinions which has me even more confused. I live in NZ and the choice here is incredibly limited so i can't even go into a shop and try the ones i prefer on... hence why i'm coming to Boards to guide me :)
    Have any of you travelled RTW with 40L-ish (i'm a girl if that makes any difference?!) ? I will be taking warm clothes and lots of layers as i begin in Argentinean winter and head north from there. I'm sure i will max the bag out with very little room for souvenirs . . will i regret that?!
    Do any of you have experience with any of the following:
    https://www.rei.com/product/894563/osprey-farpoint-55-travel-pack 
    https://www.rei.com/product/870903/osprey-porter-46-travel-pack
    Honestly; i appreciate ALL of your thoughts and feedback!
    Love,
    SM xo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

Travelled the world for a year and a half with a 30l backpack. If you can get it down to carry on size you'll save a fortune. Day bag is a foldable bag.

I'm in Asia now with a full set of dive gear and my bag is still smaller than half the backpackers here. No idea what they have in those massive bags!!

You don't need lots of warm clothes. You can reuse the same ones! Wear your biggest stuff when in transit.

Advertisement