Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a left-handed acoustic guitar to rent for 3 weeks while visiting Ireland.

Options
  • 05-03-2017 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,
    My wife and I are visiting Ireland from the USA, flying into Dublin on March 26 and leaving April 15, 2017.  I'm looking to rent a left-handed acoustic guitar for that period of time. (or buy one and then sell it back at a reduced rate.) Does anyone on this forum have any ideas for me? I am so looking forward to your music scene! Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭Rigsby

You could buy one here (see link below) cheap. Would probably be cheaper than renting.

Enjoy your visit. :)

http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/music-instruments-equipment/guitar-bass/guitars/acoustic-guitars/440/q_left+hand/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Adverts.ie or the Gumtree is the best bet (like Craigslist). Imagine they'd be very rare items in any pawnshops as they'd be reluctant to stock them for the 10%, they'd also have massive markups.

A case would be a good idea if it's over 140e, the foam semi-hard type ones 40-50e are the best value, as 1/4 the weight of a proper flight case and decent survival rates. Acoustic cases can be rare though, if it's a 3/4 sized guitar (Ed Sheeran's) any padded cheap electric guitar case would do fine.

Often guitars in the US are cheaper/better and 3/4's can fit in overhead bins. A real proper mia-strat import could maybe see 4-figures here.

Advertisement