Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert in 3 months.Still have no idea what I want to do after school!

Options
  • 05-03-2017 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Im finding it hard to motivate myself,because it feels like ive nothing to work towards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭thetalker

Do you have any passions or interests? Is there no job or career that interests you?

If those are really the case then I would maybe take some time to evaluate what you enjoy and if you can make a career out of it.
    Some degrees like computer science will always be useful and might be worth studying if you just want a job where you don't need to be talking to much people.
    A degree is useful but don't study something if you don't enjoy it. You only can use the free fees initiative once after all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Go volunteer for a year, get paid a small amount while you are doing it, help build a CV, help people who need help and learn about yourself while you're doing it.

http://www.vsi.ie/volunteer/longterm/evs.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Great advice. Give the leaving your best shot. Maybe by then you'll have developed a few ideas.

Advertisement