Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

three vs Vodafone

Options
  • 05-03-2017 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭

Which is best?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Depends on where you are. Best is to get a prepay sim and try it in the locations you are most commonly. Three have better value when it comes to data.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭SoftMicro

Vodafone for calls
    Three for data

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

SoftMicro wrote: »
    Vodafone for calls
    Three for data

Vodafone = BMW
    Three = Toyota

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Depends on where you are. Best is to get a prepay sim and try it in the locations you are most commonly. Three have better value when it comes to data.

I could have sworn that I see an advertisement that Vodafone doing the same data offer as three but now I can't find it on their website

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CVB

It's a new deal for Students ONLY called Vodafone X it offers : To avail you must call in store and produce a valid student card .

Vodafone X Weekend
    €20 top up every 4 weeks

20GB of 4G data
    100 minutes and
    unlimited texts to any network
    +
    UNLIMITED WEEKENDS
    Unlimited data, minutes and texts from 3pm on Fridays until 11.59pm on Sundays

Or choose one of the other offers i.e.: free weekends / free music or sky sports

For more info visit :

http://www.vodafone.ie/pay-as-you-go-plans/vodafone-x?icmp=PAYGPlans_VodafoneX_mobile

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Meteor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭v10

CVB wrote: »
    It's a new deal for Students ONLY called Vodafone X it offers : To avail you must call in store and produce a valid student card .

Vodafone X Weekend
    €20 top up every 4 weeks

20GB of 4G data
    100 minutes and
    +
    UNLIMITED WEEKENDS
    Unlimited data, minutes and texts from 3pm on Fridays until 11.59pm on Sundays

Or choose one of the other offers i.e.: free weekends / free music or sky sports

For more info visit :

http://www.vodafone.ie/pay-as-you-go-plans/vodafone-x?icmp=PAYGPlans_VodafoneX_mobile

Great deal (if you use spotify)
    Vodafone X Music
    €20 top up every 4 weeks gets you ..
    20GB of 4G data
    100 minutes and
    and Spotify Premium

These are available to anyone 16 to 25 or anyone with a valid student card.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,777 ✭✭✭DopeTech

v10 wrote: »
    Great deal (if you use spotify)
    Vodafone X Music
    €20 top up every 4 weeks gets you ..
    20GB of 4G data
    100 minutes and
    and Spotify Premium

These are available to anyone 16 to 25 or anyone with a valid student card.
    So I don't have Facebook but am will to set up a profile to get this offer. Just one question though, is there any need to keep the Facebook after signup or can I delete it? I.e will it stop me topping up without verifying my fb each time or anything?

I'm due to top up in 5 days so this has come at just the right time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭worded

ED E wrote: »
    Vodafone = BMW
    Three = Toyota

What about virgin ?

worded wrote: »
    What about virgin ?

They piggy back on the 3 network. Same issues with them as you will have with any other mnvo. Not being able to send/receive messages from certain short code numbers etc.

• Advertisement

FrostyJim wrote: »
    They piggy back on the 3 network. Same issues with them as you will have with any other mnvo. Not being able to send/receive messages from certain short code numbers etc.

So Virgin are a trailor being pulled by a Toyota ?

Yes, they are the horsebox to the hicace!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭v10

So I don't have Facebook but am will to set up a profile to get this offer. Just one question though, is there any need to keep the Facebook after signup or can I delete it? I.e will it stop me topping up without verifying my fb each time or anything?

I'm due to top up in 5 days so this has come at just the right time.

You don't need facebook at all, just go into a Vodafone shop with ID and they'll put you on that plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

More like a sheep in the back of a Berlingo.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

If roaming is going to be a factor for you, Vodafone all the way - especially if you're in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

ED E wrote: »
    Vodafone = BMW
    Three = Toyota

Vodafone are very expensive, poor data bundles and long contracts. Customer service is out of Egypt and shockingly bad in my experience. The network itself is ok though. BMW in terms of overpriced/not great value and poor dealer service, but the cars themselves are ok.

Three are cheaper, better bundles, not great network service (particularly indoors), and customer care isn't great either. The Dacia of the mobile networks. Cheap but not very solid.

Meteor are between both.. Network is ok, customer care/backoffice ops are poor but easier to deal with when things go wrong if you're persistent. Bundles are OK.. not as good as 3, but btter than Vodafone. These are your Toyota.. do what they say, rarely go wrong but when they do it is significant (eg: recalls)

:)

v10 wrote: »
    You don't need facebook at all, just go into a Vodafone shop with ID and they'll put you on that plan.

I don't meet the criteria so was planning on creating a fake fb account with made up DOB, just don't want to delete it if I will need to hang on to it to keep the offer going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Vodafone are very expensive, poor data bundles and long contracts. Customer service is out of Egypt and shockingly bad in my experience. The network itself is ok though. BMW in terms of overpriced/not great value and poor dealer service, but the cars themselves are ok.

Three are cheaper, better bundles, not great network service (particularly indoors), and customer care isn't great either. The Dacia of the mobile networks. Cheap but not very solid.

Meteor are between both.. Network is ok, customer care/backoffice ops are poor but easier to deal with when things go wrong if you're persistent. Bundles are OK.. not as good as 3, but btter than Vodafone. These are your Toyota.. do what they say, rarely go wrong but when they do it is significant (eg: recalls)

:)

Thanks for this, I want to leave 3, the network is awful in my area. I am still thinking between Vodafone v Meteor. The Vodafone bundles seem really awful so I may go for Meteor.

Vahevala wrote: »
    Thanks for this, I want to leave 3, the network is awful in my area. I am still thinking between Vodafone v Meteor. The Vodafone bundles seem really awful so I may go for Meteor.

But what is the network coverage like in your area?

Can you ask a few mates / ppl you know who are 087 or 08 whatever Metor are?

I find voda have good coverage and good abroad if you are travelling

its all about network coverage ...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

I don't meet the criteria so was planning on creating a fake fb account with made up DOB, just don't want to delete it if I will need to hang on to it to keep the offer going.

Let us know if you find a workaround to subscribe - I would definitely be interested (I have been wanting to move to any kind of sim only offer on Vodafone for a while, but I need 15-20GB of data per month and even if you are ready to pay for it none of their bundles really offer that)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

But what is the network coverage like in your area?

Can you ask a few mates / ppl you know who are 087 or 08 whatever Metor are?

I find voda have good coverage and good abroad if you are travelling

its all about network coverage ...

I have a payg Meteor Sim which I have tested around my area which is much better, will keep testing it out before I port over. I also have a Vodafone Sim arriving and I will do the same with that sim.

Bob24 wrote: »
    Let us know if you find a workaround to subscribe - I would definitely be interested (I have been wanting to move to any kind of sim only offer on Vodafone for a while, but I need 15-20GB of data per month and even if you are ready to pay for it none of their bundles really offer that)

Have requested a sim to port my number over so will let you know how it goes on Friday. Looks straight forward.

*Request SIM online and give DOB making you 21.
    *When SIM arrives sign up for a new Fb account and give age there as 21 also. Not sure if phone number needs to match the Fb account phone number so no harm in adding it.
    *Go to the link in the other thread and follow link to sign up via Fb.
    They will ask for your phone number and send you a pin.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,411 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Vodafone if you want to pay large bills and get phone service.

Three if you want smaller phone bills and no phone service.

Bob24 wrote: »

We'll I ported the number over. Signed up for Facebook, topped up and selected the Vodafone X music plan. All good so far. Then i received the SMS with a link in it to Vodafone offers which i need to sign into with my mobile number to get Spotify. This is where I'm stuck. It's not recognising my number. I've asked on live chat and they told me i will need to give it 24 hours as i only ported over this morning.

Once i get this sorted I'll be flying. After googling the problem it seems I'm not the first to have the issue so I'm confident enough they will sort it for me.

One thing I have noticed that will not be a big deal but may be to some is as i had to lie about my age i won't be able to verify it so there is a web content filter on internet.

We'll I ported the number over. Signed up for Facebook, topped up and selected the Vodafone X music plan. All good so far. Then i received the SMS with a link in it to Vodafone offers which i need to sign into with my mobile number to get Spotify. This is where I'm stuck. It's not recognising my number. I've asked on live chat and they told me i will need to give it 24 hours as i only ported over this morning.

Once i get this sorted I'll be flying. After googling the problem it seems I'm not the first to have the issue so I'm confident enough they will sort it for me.

One thing I have noticed that will not be a big deal but may be to some is as i had to lie about my age i won't be able to verify it so there is a web content filter on internet.

Update: Vodafone have fixed the problem and I am now signed up and have a valid Spotify premium sub. You also get 500mb extra free data with the spotify sub. Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 eduzzino5

On the website it says it's only for students. I'm 23 (and I work). Can I get this?

eduzzino5 wrote: »
    On the website it says it's only for students. I'm 23 (and I work). Can I get this?

Yes, just follow the sign into Facebook via the offer page and let it verify your age. As long as it does that successfully you won't need student ID. If it gets as far as asking for your mobile number then you won't have any problem. Go ahead and port your number in. Once ported in go back and enter your number and it'll send you a pin. Once received you'll be signed up and you can choose what x plan you want to go with.

I'm on my second month now. Very happy with the deal.

Advertisement