Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goldline/Bus Eireann Joint Routes

Options
  • 05-03-2017 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭

Some questions:

•If BE strikes, what happens to the X1 and X3 routes (Dublin-Belfast and Dublin-Derry)? Does Goldline continue with their portion or does the route stop operating?

•I saw an article in the Sunday Indo saying BE is considering shutting X3 Dublin-Derry and there's enough alternatives.
    First, any time I pass it's gate at BusAras there's a huge que for that bus so it's hardly low numbers is it?
    Second...what alternatives? I'm unaware of any private operators on that route. The only alternative I can think is the train from Connolly but this requires a change at Belfast and you need to get specific Enterprise services otherwise the wait in Belfast Central is an hour or more to connect with the Derry train, the bus is direct

•Anyone know why Goldline are fine using their double deckers for the Derry route but never for the Belfast route? Anytime I'm coming back from Newry I get stuck with one of those Goldline single deckers instead of a nice comfy BE Expeessway Double Decker. Goldline seats are comfortable but there's no leg room and when it's full it's really cramped.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,570 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

To be absolutely clear Bus Eireann are proposing cancelling their two departures in each direction on route 33 between Dublin and Derry (06:00 and 18:15 ex-Dublin and 00:00 and 11:30 ex-Derry).

The Translink operated departures between Dublin and Derry on both routes X3 via Monaghan and route X4 via Armagh (the lion's share of the departures) are completely unaffected by this decision.

Translink services do operate if BE strike action takes place - they are independent operations of one another.

By and large the locations served by the BE route 33 departures above can be reached using either BE route 32 or Translink X3/X4, or connecting to Derry at Strabane from route 32 to Translink route 273.

Advertisement