Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can Facebook banners be disabled?

Options
  • 05-03-2017 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

Hi,

I guess these aren't that new by now but I use Facebook so rarely that they are relatively new to me but I guess they started about a year ago. This link shows a screenshot of what I am talking about:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4QJxcxANtL2SjBpZS1TaURhV2s/view?usp=sharing
    They are incredibly annoying and I'm just wondering if this is asshattery on the part of Facebook or if this is something the person who owns the page has some control over eg. a 'Turn off asshat mode' option. So, does anyone know is there some way to turn this off that I could contact the page owners and suggest it to them. It basically affects me when I am looking for factual information eg the time and venue for an event for example so it is information that the page owner wants to publicize as broadly as possible and it seems like Facebook is essentially hijacking the owner's page for their own ends, namely to creep on every human on the planet. As more and more businesses take the lazy option of relying on Facebook rather than maintaining their own webpage this is becoming increasingly annoying to me.
    So is there any way for the page owner to turn it off ?

Thanks,

Usjes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

This is something that Facebook has implemented and that individual pages have no control over. You need to register an account with Facebook and log in, then the banners will stop.

Advertisement