Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Run Streaks

Options
  • 05-03-2017 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

What qualifies as a streak ? Is there an official distance ?

1 mile
    5 miles
    Running naked ?

What's your current / best streak ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

JsepP wrote: »

1 mile
    5 miles
    Running naked ?

Running naked at least 1mile a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

JsepP wrote: »

1 mile
    5 miles
    Running naked ?

"official" is 1 mile per day, but that's really a completely arbitrary rule by the Running Streak Association. If you wanted to start your own running streak, there's nothing to stop you from picking any other distance you might fancy. Since running streaks can't be verified it's all a bit makey-uppey.

Running naked is problematic since you'll probably miss days while being incarcerated for repeated indecent exposure.

My own longest running streak is about 150 days or so. But I deliberately never count them because I never want to put myself into a situation where I feel obliged to go for a run when it's not advisable, be it for illness or injury or recovery. My running OCD is bad enough as it is and in my case trying to run as long a streak as possible is most likely a bad idea (and I'm too old to ever catch up with Ron Hill anyway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭clickerquicklic

150 days is insane , I've never managed 7 days in a row yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

150 days is insane , I've never managed 7 days in a row yet.

Lookup Ron Hill

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Battery Kinzie

I tried my hand at 'streaking' by running everyday in January, setting myself a daily minimum of 5k for it to count. I completed it, and with a couple of days either end of the month I ended up doing 35 days in a row.

I had a weekend away planned for the start of February which I was very happy with as I think I'd have kept my streak going if I didn't have that natural break, which wouldn't have been a good idea. Even during the streak there were a couple of days where my leg was very sore but I kept going just cause I had started this weird little challenge and wanted to finish (it was already sore ish before I started - I don't necessarily think the streak was the main cause for the injury, though it wouldn't have helped).

All in all though, I enjoyed running everyday once I got over the pain in the middle. I think I'll give it another go sometime, but I'd be afraid I'd be stupid again and run through pain just for the sake of it.

Not sure if you wanted to know any of this, but sure there you go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

If you are on Strava there's an App that calculates your streaks for you, it's a bit sporadic at the moment thought, not pulling 2017 data for me (64 days - 688 miles), but is for others on the league tables that I can see.

https://goingstreaking.herokuapp.com/streak

411086.JPG

Advertisement