Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hunger in Ireland?

Options
  • 05-03-2017 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

I don't believe there are much truly hungry families in Ireland I know there are exceptions but how can there be so much that the media nd reports protray. You hear these reports about hunger in Ireland and how people struggle to put food on the table. But there's 'Irish Hunger' and then there's real hunger in Africa that you see on TV ads where families have absolutely nothing and are starving. In Ireland lots of these so called 'poor' can afford to take out subscriptions with Sky Sports and then go down to the local SVP for their Christmas dinner and I bet most arn't driving bangers either.If they balanced out their lives they could easily put food on rhe table. You can pick of food in LIDL/ALDI for half nothing. You hear about all these food banks that are set up around the country to help those in need of food, you'd think this was Africa.

Advertisement