Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get to Templemore with public Transport

Options
  • 05-03-2017 2:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hey guys, I am trying to find secure transport to Templemore to reach there by 10am Saturday for open day.

I am travelling from Dublin- anyone here used a public transport to get there?

Thanks in Advance.

[My date is 1st April, but I also want to go there this 11th March]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Butter

Personally I would be getting the 8am train from Heuston bound for Cork arriving in Templemore at 9am.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭ArifI

Butter wrote: »
    Personally I would be getting the 8am train from Heuston bound for Cork arriving in Templemore at 9am.

i kinda checked that first and shows train to templemore leaves heuston after 11am. I might have seen wrong. I will check now again. can you please see if there's a train at 8 for templemore from dublin? thanks in advance.

ArifI wrote: »
    i kinda checked that first and shows train to templemore leaves heuston after 11am. I might have seen wrong. I will check now again. can you please see if there's a train at 8 for templemore from dublin? thanks in advance.
    I sincerely hope your not pursuing a career as a detective.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Hey guys, I am trying to find secure transport to Templemore to reach there by 10am Saturday for open day.

Thanks in Advance.

Just curious why you would rely on info that you might get here instead of contacting Irish rail or Bus eireann.

Just curious why you would rely on info that you might get here instead of contacting Irish rail or Bus eireann.
    Thats another topic totally but why does anyone? I find that 90% of the straight up non discussion questions that are often asked here can be answered with very basic research online.

• Advertisement

haha. well doing so dude. thanks for the info there's time there. first time i checked was for april first date and results didn't show up as it's showing now. thanks for the motivation and thumbs up.

bus eireann has no direct bus to templemore.

Thats another topic totally but why does anyone? I find that 90% of the straight up non discussion questions that are often asked here can be answered with very basic research online.
    Thanks but I would find the transport company's timetable a tad more reliable than something I would rea here.

bus eireann has no direct bus to templemore.

Let me get this straight. You are aiming to become a policeman but you are looking for help in figuring out how to get to Templemore from Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭DooraGirl

Did they just ask you to check bus times for them???! Oh dear god.... the mind boggles. Your reply captures exactly what I was thinking!

• Advertisement

Thanks but I would find the transport company's timetable a tad more reliable than something I would rea here.

My experience is the opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Don't be so quick to judge the OP, why should they aim so low to just be a Detective Garda perhaps when they seem good at delegating the work. The OP is heading towards Superintendent rank at the very least. :cool:

Keep up the good work OP!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Thanks in Advance.

There is an 8 o clock train from Dublin to templemore I just looked it up there myself for the 11th March

• Registered Users Posts: 17,560 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

thnx guys.

Another case solved!

Another case solved!

had to call in few favours :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13 WolfWhisper

My date is April 1st for the physical practice and today a lady in Irish Rail said the first train on Saturdays from Dublin leaves @ 9am no earlier option. That timetable won't open either.... Fs

• Registered Users Posts: 17,560 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

My date is April 1st for the physical practice and today a lady in Irish Rail said the first train on Saturdays from Dublin leaves @ 9am no earlier option. That timetable won't open either.... Fs

One option as a workaround,

would be get the train at 7.00am to thurles and a taxi there to templemore,
    not ideal but an option,

Do you have any friends/family living nearby who could give you a spin?

Travel the night before?

• Advertisement
Advertisement