Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Thoughts About The 111 Dublin Bus

Options
  • 04-03-2017 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hi everybody. I was thinking about the 111 Dublin Bus route earlier. I thought about how Dublin Bus could improve it even more. I wonder if you'll agree with any of my points:

A 2nd departure per hour should be added. The 2nd departure will have a similar but different route though.

From Dalkey: Instead of turning right off George's St. onto Marine Rd. the bus should continue along George's St. and turn left onto York Rd. Instead of going into Ballybrack/Watsons/TESCO the bus should continue along the R118? (no bus stops added though). It will avoid Loughlinstown Estate.

From Brides Glen: Bus will again avoid Louglinstown Estate. It will continue along the R118? (avoiding Ballybrack/TESCO/Watsons). The bus will go down the Sallyglen Rd.

The 2nd departure would go on the :00 between 7am and 8pm.

Finally, I think the 111 Dublin Bus should run on a Sunday. The route would go every hour (on the :00). The bus would go on the normal route but avoid Loughlinstown Estate and go down the Sallynoggin Hill and turn right towards Dalkey (the terminus). Every 2nd bus would go through Loughlinstown Estate, avoid Ballybrack/TESCO and would go down the Sallyglen Rd. The first departure would be at 9am and the last at 11pm.

Feedback is appreciated and I would love to hear your opinion.

Advertisement