Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to a new creche

Options
  • 04-03-2017 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi everyone,

My family and I are going to be moving to another location in Ireland later this year so we need to find a new creche for our child (2.5 yrs).

We have found 2 creches in the area that have space available for him. In one of them, they have a system to record activities for the parents to check in real-time with an app. I think they upload photos and track many other things.

All this sounds good. However, I am a bit concerned about other people accessing this data. Do any of you have children in a creche with a similar system?
    How is your experience?

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

My son recently started a crèche with such a system. I'm not sure if I can name names but the initials of the system are LV. I only have access to his record, it was linked to my phone by the crèche and I'm able to share it with who I want. In my case my oh but I could pass it on to others if I want. I've no way of accessing any other kids records as they're not linked to my phone, my sons record is the only one that comes up.

In this crèche what's posted are details of meals, how much they ate, nappy change details, nap details and the odd photo of him playing or eating. It's usually one a day but not always. I like it, I find it reassuring to know what and how much he's eating and the odd photo is nice too. There's never been anyone else in the photos we've been sent.

I wasn't sure about it at the start but I do like it, I feel more included in his day by knowing those little details.

Advertisement