Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to Education Allowance and Work Placement

Options
  • 03-03-2017 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi all, I'm in my final year in college and I've been receiving BTEA for the duration. To pass the year we are required to complete 12 weeks work placement with a suitable company. We were told not to expect to be paid for this work.

The placement starts in April and continues to at least the end of June. I was wondering, am I still entitled to BTEA for the duration of the placement?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Yes because its part of your course

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Yabazza

Thanks for the reply. That is good to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 nicky21

while on beta you are allowed to work part time paid anyways with out it effecting your payment.. im on it 3 years and have worked part time .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

nicky21 wrote: »
    while on beta you are allowed to work part time paid anyways with out it effecting your payment.. im on it 3 years and have worked part time .

Not anymore, it's changed for new applicants so if you work part time it'll be deducted from your back to education allowance.

Advertisement