Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance query

Options
  • 03-03-2017 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all, just wondering if anyone was involved in a similar situation to what I am currently looking at. Essentially my girlfriend is a named driver under my policy.She had an accident in October 2016 where see clipped a wing-mirror of another car, resulting in a personal injury claiming arising, which is currently on-going. We made no claim for damage to my own car as there was none.
    However, unfortunately she had another accident today!! Does anyone know what way an insurance company will look at this. Given it has been her second accident in such a short period. Stressed about it is an understatement given the whole experience we went through in October.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

kevincfcu2 wrote: »
    Hi all, just wondering if anyone was involved in a similar situation to what I am currently looking at. Essentially my girlfriend is a named driver under my policy.She had an accident in October 2016 where see clipped a wing-mirror of another car, resulting in a personal injury claiming arising, which is currently on-going. We made no claim for damage to my own car as there was none.
    However, unfortunately she had another accident today!! Does anyone know what way an insurance company will look at this. Given it has been her second accident in such a short period. Stressed about it is an understatement given the whole experience we went through in October.

Your premium will increase.

Has there been damage to 3rd party or just your own car?

I would suggest no matter what fight the 1st one and question everything. I would suggest you keep in contact with insurance and also enquire about paying for mirror yourself.

May also be worth contacting a solicitor if insurance don't listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kevincfcu2

Your premium will increase.

Has there been damage to 3rd party or just your own car?

I would suggest no matter what fight the 1st one and question everything. I would suggest you keep in contact with insurance and also enquire about paying for mirror yourself.

May also be worth contacting a solicitor if insurance don't listen.

Hi Punisher5112, thanks for the reply. In the first accident it was only damage to the other party's wing mirror. With out getting into the rights and wrongs of it, we initially offered to have the mirror fixed and it was agreed. Then they claimed they were suffering from neck and shoulder pain and were off work and couldn't drive. We subsequently found out that this was not the case. Informed the insurance company but they didn't seem to have any interest what so ever.

Now the stress of that on top of this new accident, is just unbearable. I take it that I can expect a non-renewal notice at best from fbd, when the renewal period comes around?

kevincfcu2 wrote: »
    Hi Punisher5112, thanks for the reply. In the first accident it was only damage to the other party's wing mirror. With out getting into the rights and wrongs of it, we initially offered to have the mirror fixed and it was agreed. Then they claimed they were suffering from neck and shoulder pain and were off work and couldn't drive. We subsequently found out that this was not the case. Informed the insurance company but they didn't seem to have any interest what so ever.

Now the stress of that on top of this new accident, is just unbearable. I take it that I can expect a non-renewal notice at best from fbd, when the renewal period comes around?

No they still will insure but is the 2nd including others or just your own car.

As I said keep eye on them that they don't just pay out on 1st one.

I hope it goes no further but claims are beyond ridiculous at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭dev100

No point in getting stressed at all that's what you pay insurance for it will just mean it ll be difficult to move to a new insurance company in future and you've to pay a few extra Bob more when you go to renew !!! I would think they will fight that first claim . A wing mirror clatter and a personal injury claim sweet god that's ridiculous !!! With the first accident who was at fault or how did it happen? For the second accident can you elaborate on what happened also ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 171 ✭✭Gavinz

Wing mirror and personal injury claim is disgraceful.

I'd love to hear what exactly caused them injury.

Pieces of dirt like that will still complain about their high insurance rates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭honda boi

Jaysus next we,ll be able to sue if someone overtakes ya,physiological damage and all that.

honda boi wrote: »
    Jaysus next we,ll be able to sue if someone overtakes ya,physiological damage and all that.

I had a taxi driver do that with me he said I hit him in his body and legs and at the end of his statement he states although above he was uninjured but mentally couldn't work for the rest of the day.

I wish what I wrote was fiction but this really happened.

Advertisement