Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best payg sim plan for infrequent use?

Options
  • 03-03-2017 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell which Irish network provides a pay as you go sim plan for infrequent use?

So I don't have to top up monthly and it doesn't cost me a fortune to make and receive calls.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Anyone with idea of cheapest sim option people ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,678 ✭✭✭flutered

perhaps lyca, i am on the look out for similar so i will be watching this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

I'm pretty sure the system for all the networks is they cut off payg Sims unless topped up by at least a tenner every 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭HivemindXX

I am interested in this too since Three has changed the terms of my old O2 plan so that I must top up by E20 a month.

As far as I can tell Meteor allows you to top up and use that credit when you like without requiring you to add additional credit every month. I'd be interested in any conflicting information about Meteor's plan since I am still using up the last of my credit with Three and haven't made a final decision about who to move to.

I don't know if they require you to top up on a less frequent basis to prevent your credit being suspended but for me so long as they don't do this more than every six months of so it is not a problem. For the OP is this is an issue they may have a problem finding a provider since even in the old days my provider required me to add credit at least once a year otherwise they assumed my number was no longer in use.

Advertisement