Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

email notifications

Options
  • 03-03-2017 12:03pm
    Moderators Posts: 51,713 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if the email notifications are working properly?

I activated 'instant notifications' but no email appeared in gmail.

Checked Spam folder also.

It's for a private Hosted forum if that makes a difference.

If you can read this, you're too close!

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Delirium wrote: »
    Just wondering if the email notifications are working properly?

I activated 'instant notifications' but no email appeared in gmail.

Checked Spam folder also.

It's for a private Hosted forum if that makes a difference.

Hey Delirium,

It doesn't seem like your e-mail address has ended up on a blacklist, which would result in you not receiving notifications. Can you go to Control Panel > My Threads > List subscriptions and ensure that the notifications are correct there. You can use the checkboxes and the dropdown at the bottom to update subscriptions.

• Moderators Posts: 51,713 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Hey Delirium,

It doesn't seem like your e-mail address has ended up on a blacklist, which would result in you not receiving notifications. Can you go to Control Panel > My Threads > List subscriptions and ensure that the notifications are correct there. You can use the checkboxes and the dropdown at the bottom to update subscriptions.

Yep, the threads have their notification displayed as 'Instant' in my thread listing.

Boards.ie Employee

Yep, the threads have their notification displayed as 'Instant' in my thread listing.

Are notifications from forums outside of this Hosted forum working correctly? Could you PM me the e-mail that you're checking?

Are notifications from forums outside of this Hosted forum working correctly? Could you PM me the e-mail that you're checking?
    Notifications for this thread are working a treat.

PM sent.

Other threads outside of Hosted forum seem to be working also.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,062 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Happening me too.

Boards.ie Employee

beertons wrote: »
    Happening me too.

You should be sorted now beertons.

Notifications seem to be working now, Mark :)

Boards.ie Employee

Notifications seem to be working now, Mark :)

Glad to hear it :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Reported and daily are working but instant have stopped...:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Is this still an issue for you Davy? Is it one particular thread or all that you have selected 'instant notification' for? I haven't heard of it from anyone else yet.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement