Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shiba Inu experiences?

Options
  • 03-03-2017 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 53,905 ✭✭✭✭

Hi.

Just wondering anyone have experiences with this dog, currently looking at one. Now I know they seem to be a rare breed in Ireland so does anyone know a reputable breeder for these dogs in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Ms Doubtfire1

I'd strongly suggest you foster one first.They are not for the in experienced dog owners.it's a strong and loyal breed. But stubborn.Prone to separation issues. Foster one first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Bunnyslippers

A friend of mine got one for her daughter as it was cute and fluffy thinking it would be a lovely cuddly pet! - sadly they didn't do their homework! It was very aloof, hated being fussed over, hated being indoors unless on the kitchen floor where it was coolest, and it would let off a screaming bark if excited! Couldn't be let off the lead as it was dog aggressive and had a very high prey drive and was a very high energy dog. So not a breed for the inexperienced at all! Cute though!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,427 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Someone near me has one, and I've spoken to him while he was out walking it. He says it's about as close to a dog shaped cat as you can get :D

Advertisement