Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor Mocks, Is it too late? / Mental Health

Options
  • 01-03-2017 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Just got my mocks back and I did pretty shockingly bad. Gout about 373 points, and I'm aiming for 500+

Ive been going through a lot of mental stress since the start of the year, and my study took second priority to that, around the time of the mocks everything seemed to sort itself out and I was fine studying again, but it was pretty much too late as I was 6 months into the school year with not much study done.

I am determined to work hard, but I can't help feel pessimistic and feel like I wasted the start of the year, even though I was going through a seriously bad patch in my life, I feel now like its not even worth studying and just feel depressed all the time because of the waste of time.

What I'm asking is, is it too late to achieve 500+ points now? with Three months to go. And if not, Just extreme work or planned study or what do you recommend?

I appreciate any help and any advice:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭thetalker

I don't think so, I'm in the same boat as you and I need 550 points. My mock results so far have been all H4's but I feel confident I can reach the 500's if I see where I went wrong and understand what I must do (a sh*t ton of work).
    Also remember that there are many times where mocks are marked alot worse than the actual lc. I found the marking scheme for business for example to be very strict.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Consonata

thetalker wrote: »
    I don't think so, I'm in the same boat as you and I need 550 points. My mock results so far have been all H4's but I feel confident I can reach the 500's if I see where I went wrong and understand what I must do (a sh*t ton of work).
    Also remember that there are many times where mocks are marked alot worse than the actual lc. I found the marking scheme for business for example to be very strict.

If its 550 points I'm guessing medicine is your goal too :pac: Don't let your Mock results get you down, with a bit of constructive study you can do wonders.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭thetalker

Consonata wrote: »
    If its 550 points I'm guessing medicine is your goal too :pac: Don't let your Mock results get you down, with a bit of constructive study you can do wonders.
    Nope theoretical physics in TCD, :P The points just keep getting higher and higher...

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

jldesign wrote: »
    Just got my mocks back and I did pretty shockingly bad. Gout about 373 points, and I'm aiming for 500+

Ive been going through a lot of mental stress since the start of the year, and my study took second priority to that, around the time of the mocks everything seemed to sort itself out and I was fine studying again, but it was pretty much too late as I was 6 months into the school year with not much study done.

I am determined to work hard, but I can't help feel pessimistic and feel like I wasted the start of the year, even though I was going through a seriously bad patch in my life, I feel now like its not even worth studying and just feel depressed all the time because of the waste of time.

What I'm asking is, is it too late to achieve 500+ points now? with Three months to go. And if not, Just extreme work or planned study or what do you recommend?

I appreciate any help and any advice:)

It's never too late, everything and anything you do studywise from here on in will help you improve your grades.

Advertisement