Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin 920xt help please

Options
  • 01-03-2017 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭

I hope this problem might be solved here.

Background: had this watch for about 3 years, it been flawless and I love it.

So I've been doing a few trail runs of late and wanted to do a 25k one I had ran in 2015 when following someone who knew the course.

Tried to send the course to my Garmin so I wouldn't get lost (could well be disastrous here in Aus) but it failed to send. Now when I try to sync with Garmin connect on my phone it comes up with a red warning and says failed to sync. Pretty sure it's the map/course that's causing this.

Question 1; how can I delete this from GC to stop the error from coming up. I've even deleted and reinstalled the app but that didn't work :(

Question 2; can a course be successfully sent to a 920 and if so, how?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Hi Slideways, I don't have a 920xt, but generally speaking, you should be able to connect the watch as a USB/mass storage device. After that, you should be able to find the course activity by browsing the 'courses' folder, locate the problematic file and delete it. Watch should be able to sync afterwards.

How did you try to send the course to the watch? Perhaps try some other method?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Slideways

Hi Slideways, I don't have a 920xt, but generally speaking, you should be able to connect the watch as a USB/mass storage device. After that, you should be able to find the course activity by browsing the 'courses' folder, locate the problematic file and delete it. Watch should be able to sync afterwards.

How did you try to send the course to the watch? Perhaps try some other method?

I tried to send it using Garmins app on the iPhone. Called Garmin Connect. There's a similar program on the laptop but you can delete the file that failed to send on it.

Frustrating that it just won't load a file it created itself

Advertisement