Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed camera - letter

Options
  • 28-02-2017 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi,
    I've recently had impression got speed camera photo, however I haven't got any letter. What if it was lost by post? Is any way to check this somewhere on-line?
    Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

PiotrIr wrote: »
    I've recently had impression got speed camera photo

Um what?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 PiotrIr

I was expecting penalty points for speeding.

Unless you get something in the letter box then you don't have anything to worry about. Plain and simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

If you don't get a letter, don't go looking for 1. ;)

Yeah, my friend didn't got the letter and now has to go to court.

• Advertisement

Yeah, my friend didn't got the letter and now has to go to court.

If he tells the judge that he didn't get the letter (weither its true or not) then the case will be struck out. This defence is used on a daily basis.

PS: I'm not advocating that anyone lies................ obviously.

Well, my other friend was stopped by Garda and accused he has spoken over mobile while driving. He had blue tooth in his ear and tried to explain he was talking over it. Didn't help, ended in court. Judge didn't listen any explanation - 600 Euro. So my trust in honestly of courts here is quite limited...

Well, my other friend was stopped by Garda and accused he has spoken over mobile while driving. He had blue tooth in his ear and tried to explain he was talking over it. Didn't help, ended in court. Judge didn't listen any explanation - 600 Euro. So my trust in honestly of courts here is quite limited...

That is completely different than getting caught by a speed van.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Is your car registered at your home address?

yes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

The judge will nearly always side with the Garda.

But in this case, the onus is on the company to ensure that you get the speeding ticket. If you don't get it, they can't prove you did unless the letter was registered. It can up to 3 weeks to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

Is it not a case that a letter is presumed as delivered once sent??
    Or i could be completely making that one up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

Is it not a case that a letter is presumed as delivered once sent??
    Or i could be completely making that one up!!

The amount of cases turfed out of court on a regular basis suggest otherwise. There was a report of a judge a while back who went on a major rant because he reckoned that due to the sheer number of people who claimed not to have received the letters at least some/most of them were lying/perjuring themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bigbrotherfan

Rightwing wrote: »
    , It can up to 3 weeks to arrive.

Have others received the letter regarding speeding after a week or is it normally over two weeks before the letter would arrive?

Advertisement