Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Data With JS

Options
  • 28-02-2017 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

Anyone using Javascript for big data solutions? Any notes / courses i've looked at all use Python and R.

Something i'd be interested in but would like to use a language i'm more comfortable with than those to develop products.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭adne

Anyone using Javascript for big data solutions? Any notes / courses i've looked at all use Python and R.

Something i'd be interested in but would like to use a language i'm more comfortable with than those to develop products.

Majority of big data soutions involve server side scripting e.g python, scala, R, java. Not teally suited towards javascript

• Registered Users Posts: 6,120 ✭✭✭Talisman

There's nothing stopping you from using JavaScript/Node.js. Here are some libraries that you can use today:

Aries - Data pipeline workflows
    Bloom.js - A bloom filter implemented in Node.js
    ConvNet - Neural networks in JavaScript
    Mind - Neural network library
    ml - Machine learning tools in JavaScript
    Percipio - Machine learning
    Skale - Distributed data processing engine
    Speakeasy - Natural language processing
    Synaptic.js - Neural network library

If you use Indeed.com's API you can see that JavaScript is sought after in the machine learning and data science arenas.

Advertisement