Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laminate or tiles?

Options
  • 27-02-2017 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi all!
    Have a large open plan kitchen/dining/living area in our new build and trying to decide on flooring. Had originally thought tiles in kitchen and dining and good quality laminate in living. Then changed mind and thought timber effect tile all over would look good and because we will have UFH this might be better option. Now I'm doubting myself again and wondering of we should go laminate all over? Someone mentioned it's easier to change laminate down the line but I'm worried about laminate in the kitchen and that it won't work as well with the UFH. Then there is the price factor to consider! Does anyone have the timber effect tile? How does it look down, is it obvious that its tile? Any advice/pros/cons welcome!
    Thanks a million!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DCI

Hi Mjj

What did you go for in the end, i'am having the same problem now, wood effect tiles V Engineered Floor with UFH. Its a long room and will use one material for the full length.

Did yours work well and what option did you use in the end.
    Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 39 mjj

Hi DCI,
    Went with the timber effect tile everywhere- kitchen, living, dining and utility. I'm really glad I did! Love the look of it, so many people have comments on it and they can't believe it's tile!havibg the same tile everywhere gives a lovely flow! It's very easy to keep clean. We have UFH and its so nice to feel the warmth walking around! I can't think of any negatives really, it is more expensive though! I'm really glad we went with it! Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DCI

Hi mjj

Thanks for that, I am thinking about the timber effect floor tiles in the living, dining and kitchen area..Good to hear they worked well.

I was going to go timber everywhere but may change with the UFH.

Cheers

Advertisement