Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home server (DIY NAS) build

Options
  • 27-02-2017 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I could get my hands on a Lian-Li PC-Q26 or something equivalent?
    10 drive bays sounds like massive overkill but I plan to use smaller (faster rebuild in the event of failure) drives in RAID6, something like 8-10 x 2TB drives.
    I already have HDDs, PSU, CPU and RAM, just need motherboard and a nice small tidy place to house them like that Lian-Li.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

SickBoy wrote: »
    Anyone know where I could get my hands on a Lian-Li PC-Q26 or something equivalent?
    10 drive bays sounds like massive overkill but I plan to use smaller (faster rebuild in the event of failure) drives in RAID6, something like 8-10 x 2TB drives.
    I already have HDDs, PSU, CPU and RAM, just need motherboard and a nice small tidy place to house them like that Lian-Li.

Thanks in advance.

Mindfactory and caseking have them.

The fractal design node 804 is a relatively small case (matx) which can take 10 x 3.5" drives.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Mindfactory and caseking have them.

The fractal design node 804 is a relatively small case (matx) which can take 10 x 3.5" drives.

I thought the node 804 had only had two 4 drive cages?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

SickBoy wrote: »
    I thought the node 804 had only had two 4 drive cages?

cube case, can take 8 + 2 +2*2.5 inch drives.

Micro ATX and Mini ITX motherboard compatibility
    8 - 3.5″ HDD positions
    2 - 2.5″ dedicated SSD unit positions
    2 - Extra positions for either 3,5″ or 2,5″ drives

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Thanks for the replies so far.
    As neat as the cube style cases are they look like a pain in the hole to cable and access should a drive failure occur.
    The simplicity of the micro tower style so far is what I would rather pursue.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Silverstone RV03 also has 10 bays, but doesnt look as subtle.

DS380 has 8 and is really compact with drive sleds and a backplane which is a pretty cool selling point against the Q26 if you can get away with 8.

• Advertisement
Advertisement