Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible to lose no claims bonus?

Options
  • 26-02-2017 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hi guys my Insurance expired on 2/2/17 and I have 5 years No Claims built up.

im currently in Thailand training til April 6th.

I've began preliminary research for an insurance quote and noticed with allianz that they do not accept no claims bonuses 6 weeks after the end of policy.

Basically im wondering what the status of my no claims bonus will be when i get back?

my past insurer, aa, can send proof of my bonus to my home house so i can prove and provide to potential insurers.

should i look into insuring my car in the coming weeks to avoid losing it or is allianz the only company that do this?

thanks for any feedback!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

i think it holds good for two years

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭earlytobed

I just cancelled a policy and my NCB is good for 2 years. I think this is pretty standard

Advertisement