Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FS9 Issues

• 26-02-2017 12:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I downloaded an "expansion" for FS9 called "Howards Mix, the FSX Experience". Needless to say it is horrendous & came with no uninstall function, now the problem is I uninstalled FS9 & re-installed it but hey presto my scenery/EZ Scenery is gone! yet when I run as administrator the scenery is there, I am wondering is there perhaps 2 FS9's running on my PC? If so then how do I get rid of the one causing issues?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭Skyknight

Ah no.....:eek: You should be Ok running FS2004 in administrative mode though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Psychlops

Is there anyway to find out if I am running 2 versions of FS9? This is still happening, I load FS9 & all EZ Scenery is gone, even repaints.

Psychlops.....just after sending you a pm. Just had a thought....is there any chance that EZ scenery will not work due to the lack of an (up to date) fsuipc suite?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Psychlops

Thank you Skynight,

I managed to fix the issue,

For anybody even contemplating downloading this "experience" if you use FS9 I would highly say to not do so.

I finally found all my files/sceneries buried in a folder in the arse of %appdata% and I only found it by turning on EZ Scenery as when I went to use EZ Scenery I noticed it had gotten rid of all my BGL's too, so I did a search on my PC of EZ-SCENERY.bgl and the PC located everything, the programme even goes so far as to change the FS9 splash screen too & re-writes EVERYTHING!!!

DO NOT DOWNLOAD I would urge you are using FS9, it took me a week to get everything back to normal and that includes a full re-install.

Psychlops,
    Glad to hear you got it sorted. I would agree with you regarding installing. As I mentioned I Fs9 Evo is the better texture replacement of the two. I'm not sure weather these donation ware textures has an installer, but as mentioned before, I would use something like OvGME or another mod installer to install the textures.

Again awesome to hear its all sorted. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement