Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Galaxy Zetec AC problem

Options
  • 25-02-2017 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Yesterday I loud noise heard as if coming through the car vents, like metal on metal suddenly started and within a short period of time (Less than 3 minutes) stopped. I than noticed that Although the manual fan was working the normal sound of a fan when using the AC auto function could not be heard even though hot air was felt from the vents but not being distributed properly.
    Today my windscreen began misting up and was difficult to clear without opening the windows or using the demister function built into the glass itself.

wondering if anyone else has experience this problem or can offer any suggestion of what need to be fixed.
    Tagged:

Comments

Air con doesn't have a seperate fan. Are you sure your fan is working? If you increase the fanspeed etc does the noise increase?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Mutly

Not sure how the AC works. Purchased the car last November and there was a low hum from the AC when using it. After the awful metal on metal noise the hum stopped and the distribution of the air changed.

Are you sure your fan is working?
    If you increase the fanspeed etc does the noise increase?

Air con has nothing/little to do with the distribution of air in a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Mutly

To be honest I'm not sure. There is no sound at all when the auto function is being used, even when a very high/low temperature is selected but when I select the hi function the fan can be heard straight away. All I can say for sure is that the windows didn't mist up last week when I could hear the hum when using the auto function and this week I have to open the window and use a demister sponge or turn on the window demister built into the windscreen to keep it clear. Will have to bring the car to a garage this morning, although the awful metal on metal sound hasn't been heard since I fear something essential has been damaged that's causing this problem.

Advertisement