Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog eating bones

Options
  • 25-02-2017 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

I got my 5 month old staff one of those large pork leg bones from Maxi zoo and she absolutely loved it! It kept her busy for 2 hours and she had gone through most of it by gnawing on it and licking it to death! there was little remains left of the bone just a 3" section..is that ok & normal? I took it off her incase but jesus she was all over it for hours! I know its not one of the type of bones she will eat entirely but I think if I had left her at it it would be!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Dogs love a bone, and will work their way through it quite happily - amazing work and dedication and total absorbtion :)

I wouldnt leave a young dog unsupervised with a bone (NEVER a cooked bone) is she teething? Be careful of her breaking a tooth with very large/hard bones??

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

You shouldn't give a dog weight bearing bones or cooked bones. Pet shop ham bones are both.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

One shop in Kerry sells what they call "postman's leg" bones. Huge and apparently partly cooked. Would never touch them for my dog.

Also small lamb bones that are still soft; wee dog here had a blockage of them once and have avoided them since then. Raw but still ... She loves chicken with bones. Reminds me I must find a friendly butcher here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement