Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car park by Bus Station

Options
  • 25-02-2017 1:30pm

Bit annoyed....

Ive been using the car park by the bus station for years. The one where you park all day and put €4 into the barrier on way out.

When did this change to Pay and Display??

Came back on Tuesday evening to find a clamp on the car. €120 to remove it. The guy did point out the sign. I honestly never saw it.

So be warned anyone using this car park. It is Pay and Display now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Delacent

Appeal it - Something similar happened in another Irish rail carpark and they allowed many of the appeals.

Humans are creatures of habit, so we don't always notice sudden changes to something we have got used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,071 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

TheTorment wrote: »
    Bit annoyed....

Ive been using the car park by the bus station for years. The one where you park all day and put €4 into the barrier on way out.

When did this change to Pay and Display??

Came back on Tuesday evening to find a clamp on the car. €120 to remove it. The guy did point out the sign. I honestly never saw it.

So be warned anyone using this car park. It is Pay and Display now.

it was mentioned on this forum a few weeks ago, annoyed myself, use it from time to time, used it a couple of weeks ago in its current mode of operation. dont know when its operation changed to this setup.

Delacent wrote: »
    Appeal it - Something similar happened in another Irish rail carpark and they allowed many of the appeals.

Humans are creatures of habit, so we don't always notice sudden changes to something we have got used to.

I have done already!!

Incidentally, were it after 6pm, it would have been a further €40!!
    I genuinely do not mind paying for parking but that takes the píss altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I always advised tourists to park there as they could relax for the day as long as they paid 4euro on exit.

Now after 2 of our guests were clamped under the crane last year, I warn against parking anywhere on the quay or Bolten Street. That same day 8 other cars got clamped.

I now advise that they park in Thomas Street where it is 4.50 charge on exit. The down side is that tourists are shown the most run down side of the city.

Last year it was 2.50 to park for the day in Kilkenny near the castle, this is the competition.

Appeal it, I was refunded when I was clamped in the station, Ncps didn't allow my appeal but the transport authority did, at an extra cost of 20euro. The text to park wasnt working that day and I had screen shots of messages sent to Ncps telling them that I couldn't pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,736 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Why would they get rid of something that has worked well for years?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭JohnC.

It's €4.40 per day. You just have to get the ticket now instead of paying on exit. They probably changed it because there are now other options for hourly (€1.60), weekly (€22.50) and overnight (€3) parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,071 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

JohnC. wrote: »
    It's €4.40 per day. You just have to get the ticket now instead of paying on exit. They probably changed it because there are now other options for hourly (€1.60), weekly (€22.50) and overnight (€3) parking.

wheres the 3 euro overnight?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭JohnC.

JohnC. wrote: »

Its not the price....its the lack of info about the change that caught me. Yes the signs are there....but as its been that way (pay on exit) for years I never noticed them until after I was clamped. I spent the day away and was fully prepared to pay. I wasnt someone chancing their arm for free parking for a half hour.

Advertisement