Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mock exam paper companies

Options
  • 25-02-2017 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

How many mock exam paper companies are there in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

2 as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

There were at least 3

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I have dealt with four different companies but I think now there are two main ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

spurious wrote: »
    I have dealt with four different companies but I think now there are two main ones.

Third one I know of was struggling to compete with the two big boys.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The one I know of as the fourth was a locally based one but it did not succeed in taking business from the big two.

There would certainly be money to be made in the area of mocks, but I suppose schools like to go with companies they know, so it's difficult for any newbies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

I knew of a teacher that used to make his own mock papers. Very professional looking so you never know.

Advertisement