Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cylinder suitable for a well

Options
  • 25-02-2017 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,
    I am just wondering what sort of cylinder is best suited to water coming from a well?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭TPM

Really you need to get the water tested to know for sure.
    Joule do a well master cylinder but it requires maintenance to maintain the warranty

Typically grade 2 copper cylinders are used on well supplies although I have seen them last from 20 years down to 18 months.
    Some stainless steel cylinders can leak in under 2 years on well supplies.

Also remember if the well water is affecting your cylinder it may also affect other components, pipe in your system so a water test is really the first place to start

• Registered Users Posts: 4 joemull

Yes I got to tested

ph 7.64
    iron 0.04
    manganese 0.056
    hardness 273.6
    I will also be putting water softener on the system
    Thanks

joemull wrote: »
    Yes I got to tested

ph 7.64
    iron 0.04
    manganese 0.056
    hardness 273.6
    I will also be putting water softener on the system
    Thanks

Email direct cylinder manufactures with your findings and seek their advice, this will help you find the best product and give you more protection should the cylinder fail(god forbid)

Test results are fairly good in respect of the cylinder. I don't see anything that would cause alarm, and wouldn't see issues with even fitting a grade 2 copper cylinders with replaceable sacrificial anode.

One thing to keep in mind is that if the cylinder failed in the future the fact the water was suitable at the time of installation won't be sufficient you may need annual water test reports.

Thanks for all the replays, i was planning to go with a pressuried system, is this still ok for a stainless cylinder?

• Advertisement

Most stainless cylinders are suitable for use in pressurised systems.

Thanks,

I copper better suited to a well tho?

joemull wrote: »
    Thanks,

I copper better suited to a well tho?

You can't pressurise copper cylinders you would need to fit something like a shower pump or other booster pump after the copper cylinder to achieve a pressurused system

Stainless cylinders can work well on well water once the suitability is checked and met

• Registered Users Posts: 12,744 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Just read the small print. Most stainless steel cylinder manufacturers won't validate their warranty if the water is artificially softened. I.e. Water Softner

Advertisement