Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reputable breeders

Options
  • 24-02-2017 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Can anyone advise the best way to find a good dog breeder. I don't trust done deal. I have emailed kennel club contacts but no one is responding. I have looked on rescue sites but have found nothing suitable. What is the best & safest way to locate a healthy puppy not from puppy farm.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

What breed?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ITgirl73

Shih tzu maybe bichon shih tzu cross

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

If you have already e-mailed the breed club follow up with a phone call asking about breeders. Don't mention anything about designer crosses as its well know that there are no reputable breeders of these. it's actually against kennel club rules to cross two different breeds. If and when you find a breeder you are happy with and they are happy with you you may have to go on their waiting list for pups. I was on a waiting list for a year for a different breed and it fell through at the last minute after I had the pup paid for. These things happen.

If you want to go the rescue route it's a matter of just waiting till one comes up in rescue. They are common enough so if you contact a few rescues and tell them what you want they will be able to keep you in mind when one comes in or they hear of one in another rescue.

Advertisement